Halloween in Australia
Welcome to Australia's leading source of Halloween-related information.
This resource aims to assist Aussies in tracking down the finest and most entertaining Halloween goodies to be found online.
While there are still some who feel that Halloween isn't a relevant tradition for Australians, many of us connect deeply with the historical roots of the festival. Others just love to have fun dressing up and meeting their neighbours. Whatever the justification, we hope that you have fun and stay safe this spooky season.
- The History of Halloween - Let The History Channel guide you through the origins of this fantastic ritualistic celebration, from its ancient origins as the Celtic festival of Samhain, through to All Saints Day and the roots of trick-or-treating and spooky superstitions.
- Halloween Screensavers - Transform your Windows-based computer desktop into a ghoulish haunted house, spooky full moon landscape or a ghostly forest, and see if you can determine what really goes bump in the night. This site's collection includes dozens of different free, installable Halloween screensvers for Windows.
- The Holiday Spot - This site offers a selection of four free spooky screensavers. All four combine creepy imagery with evocative music to help you get into the mood this season.
- Costumes.com.au - This is the place to go for quick delivery of Halloween costumes and cosplay items to Australian addresses. They have a superb range, including all of the top branded gear from DC, Marvel, Harry Potter, Disney, Star Wars and more, plus plenty of creepy Halloween masks and outfits. Step your trick-or-treating or Halloween staff party game up a notch this year by grabbing a professional costume.
- CostumeBox.com.au - Contains an enviable combination of popular costume items and rarer pieces - such as a topical Tiger King range, plus A Nightmare of Elm Street, The Addams Family, Edward Scissorhands, the Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice.
- EZ Cosplay - This online costume store offers Halloween costumes, Hollywood costumes, classic costumes, cartoon costumes, accessories, masks, wigs, hats and much more for children as well as adults. Don't miss out the 20% OFF sitewide Flash sale this Halloween. Purchase by September 20 to guaranteed delivery by October 20.
- Crazy Games - Choose from a variety of exciting, free browser-based online games - each with a horror theme. The Crazy Games Halloween collection includes a couple of dozen individual titles, and since they operate within a web browser, they will run on most platforms, including Windows, Mac OS, and even most Android and iOS devices.
- Poki is home to 15 individual, browser-based Halloween games. These range from simple dress-up games, to a cemetary explorer, racing game, thumb fighter and a scary maze game, for virtually unlimited Halloween fun.
- Skeleton Ping Pong - A simple game with no winner. Just zig-zag your mouse to watch this pair of skeletons duke it out in a novelty table tennis arena.
- BBC Good Food - Showcases a selection of truly inspiring Halloween recipes and party hints. At the time of writing, the site was home to 60 ghoulish recipes, ranging from creepy cookies and spooky sweets to devilish dinners and slithering pastry snakes.
- American Greetings - Send a freaky personalised Halloween ecard to one of your friends or workmates today. The American Greetings range includes 54 card options, some of which are simple images, while others are animated. All include musical backing tracks to add impact to your message.
- ALL-4-FREE Greetings - Offers a fun range of free Halloween greeting cards. These are all static image-based cards to keep the process simple.
- Halloween CyberCardz - A directory listing of the top providers of free, Halloween-themed electronic greeting cards.
- Horror Film Trailers - The Film-Trailers.com website has compiled a collection of movie trailers from popular recent horror movies, to keep you on the edge of your seat in the lead-up to Halloween this year.
- Spooky Fonts - Home to 30 moody, scene-setting freeware fonts to spice up your Halloween art. Some of these are inspired by thrilling movies, games and TV series, such as the X-Files, Quake, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Aliens and Godzilla, while others are generally creepy.
- Fantasy Fonts - An easy-to-navigate collection of free fonts with a distinctly eerie tone. Use these medieval, gothic and historical fonts to add an evocative flavour to your Halloween event invitations, posters, crafts or website this year.
Grim Graphics & Creepy Clipart
- Halloween-Graphics.com - A comprehensive collection of free Halloween graphics, clipart, backgrounds and other goodies. You'll find plenty of black cats crossing your path here.
- Halloween Clipart & Graphics - Free web graphics and Halloween-related imagery for use in your emails, invitations and websites.
- F.G. & A - Offers a range of free animated gifs - all with a spooky theme.
Other Halloween Resources
Website by Curiosity Cave Pty Ltd - Science gifts for Australians.